Thursday, January 19, 2012

Slide a little healthy in there

Sometimes I use a few tricks to make the food that I am craving a little healthier...



  • Instead of using butter for grilled cheese I just put olive oil in the pan, and I usually like to add tomatoes and avacados....it's so good try it!

  • When I want a bowl of pasta I substitute half the amount of noodles for steamed veggies, to the untrained eye it looks like a full bowl of pasta but inside is a ton of good stuff for you.

  • I like to slice fresh tomatoes on pizza, I usually eat less and you are getting all the extra nutrients in the tomatoes.

What are some of your "tricks"?

3 comments:

  1. When I have a craving for chocolate, I grab some dark chocolate from my fridge. Still not super healthy, but at least a little, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I like that...good idea! I have also tried the chocolte chip ice cream gum. Not as good as the real thing but it helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink a lot of water..makes my belly feel full. I also brush my teeth...it makes me not want to eat anything. AND I have surprised myself sometimes that if I am craving something sweet...an apple or an orange leave me satisfied.

    ReplyDelete